The main focus of the role holder will be to develop and lead Diaceutics team members globally and Diaceutics Laboratory Field Consultants (DLFCs) in LapOps, and also to lead and coordinate DLLs as it relates to Germany. The LabOps function is to support pharmaceutical clients’ initiatives in optimizing implementation and follow up support of specific biomarkers/companion diagnostics relevant to client’s specific needs. You will need to develop strategic proposals to advance patient identification and highlight areas where potential testing leakages may occur. The post will involve direct engagement with laboratories and their associated team members using face-to-face visits and WebEx/TC support. You will be expected to manage staff from all parts of the company when they are identified as having a skill appropriate to a particular LabOps project as well as managing the DLL from Germany perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities (Lab operations):
- Increase laboratory awareness and education for specific DX/CDX and associated technology for personalised medicine (PM) therapies
- Engage with laboratories to establish and optimise testing processes during the stages of the patient-laboratory testing pathway (pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic stages)
- Support laboratories by providing required and relevant educational material, assist and advise on relevant CDx technologies
- Support laboratories needs with audit tools to effectively and accurately monitor and collate biomarker rates, and to continually improve Diaceutics landscaping and mapping projects
- Setup and be involved with validation/verification, concordance and ring studies in line with pharmaceutical clients’ needs
- Engage with quality proficiency testing programs to initiate and collaborate on current and potential new CDx projects
- Prepare and present reports and findings at laboratory, Diaceutics and pharmaceutical client level
- Promote the activities of Labops to a wider audience and possible new clients.
- Identify and liaise closely with all Diaceutics stakeholders including laboratories, clients, key opinion leaders (KOLs), EQA providers etc.
- Development of the Global Lap relations strategy for expansion in Germany
- Management of the DLLs in Germany to ensure they are meeting requirements in their PMF and the strategic imperatives identified for their respective countries.
- Working with GD and Innovation team for roll out and upgrade of the lab audit tool
- Overall control of Germany GLR budgets.
- As well as LabOps you will also be involved in other Diaceutics related projects and be involved in the delivery of others. You will need to meet deadlines with an ethos of not just delivering the clients end-product but focusing on quality of the deliverables and outcomes ensuring to ‘delight’ the client and exceeding their expectations. You will be managing day to day delivery of client projects. You may identify potential client projects and are encouraged to develop those ideas in partnership with the team. You will provide scientific insight and knowledge and input where required both in developing and delivering new projects. You will need to be organised and able to project manage, keep records accurately, have excellent presentation and IT skills and to work logically and methodically both individually and as part of the larger team with an eye for quality.
- You will be involved in actively maintaining and developing relationships with Diaceutics’ network of laboratories and with our trusted expert partners.
- Responsible for liaising with HR for recruitment and onboarding of LapOps and DLLs for their respective countries.
Duties & Responsibilities (Lab relations):
- Execute primary and secondary market research in Germany overseeing execution and facilitation of market research studies.
- Development of laboratory relationships as well as the identification and implementation of customers’ market research needs.
- Understanding of the Diagnostic Laboratory and Companion Diagnostic/In vitro Diagnostic environment, with deep understanding of the German diagnostic landscape
- Good overview of human sample and testing workflow in the clinical pathology laboratory
- Extensive communication with Healthcare Professionals, excellent communication skills are required
General Education and Experience
- Education – MBA, PhD, Master’s Degree required MSc/PhD in molecular biology or biomedical science focused on biomarkers and diagnostic testing
- Experience – -At least 10 years of relevant global and matrix experience required in a pathology lab or IVD sales or support with direct contact with labs
- Computer and Software Knowledge and Skills – Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Virtual Communication – demonstrated high-end expertise as user of video call technology and global teleconferencing
- Business Development qualifications for a leader’s perspective; business acumen to be able to create a business network of laboratories, and strong laboratory contacts that can be brought into the Global Diaceutics Laboratory Network
- Understanding of the regional pathology, molecular laboratory and IVD landscape in Germany
- Possess an established network of key thought leaders in regional pathology or the molecular laboratory environment in Germany
- Experience in qualitative market research is strongly desired (including moderation of in-depth interviews and qualitative analysis/report writing)
- Fluency in English and German essential
- Confidence in communicating with laboratory professionals and physicians (e.g. oncologists, pathologists, thought leaders)
- Goal orientated self-starter with a proactive, determined personality
- Ability to work long and irregular hours to accommodate global clients and project
- Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and perform at an independent, accountable, and dependable level.
- Accept responsibility for assignments and follow directions in a timely, professional and details-focused manner
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines, edit deliverables and strive to delight customers; consistently going above and beyond their expectations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse and disseminated significant amount of information with a tension to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management capabilities
Location and Travel
You will be required to travel nationally and internationally and so will require the ability and willingness to do so. In addition, in view of our ‘virtual organization’ philosophy, this post offers the advantage of home-based working and flexible working hours but within the boundaries of business needs and client expectations.
Compensation and benefits
The successful candidate will receive a competitive monthly base compensation and benefits.