Diaceutics business model is one that synergizes multiple inputs and research data streams to guide pharmaceutical clients in precision medicine and diagnostic strategy. This full-time permanent role will report to a Head of Key Accounts
The primary purpose of this position is to assure the requirements of each client engagement are delivered and exceeds client expectations. The Key Account Manager will play a key role in establishing and maintaining client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction and be able to identify new opportunities and build an extensive business network within his appointed Key Clients. The Key Account Manager will be committed to helping clients solve problems, realize their business goals with Diaceutics solutions and work with the Diaceutics Technical Domain Experts and project managers in ensuring we deliver a quality product and delight our customers.
The ideal candidate will be apt in building strong relationships with strategic customers, be sales driven and able to meet annual sales targets in excess of $10M/yr. The KAM will be able to identify needs and requirements to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction, be able to understand the client’s key issues and critical success factors. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the pipeline within his appointed Global Key Accounts, updating and interpretation of the company CRM tool and its adherence, as well as reporting on his annual KPI’s and sales targets to the KAM Program Director. The candidate will have a proven track record in selling complex products/services into large pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the diagnostic setting. This role will require extensive travelling.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and organization
- Develop client specify plans to identity new and repeat business opportunities with pharma clients by, acquiring a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Proactively track and measure core KPIs in line with Diaceutics CRM program.
- Be accountable for the reporting on key account BD activities to Head of department.
- Conduct business prospecting based on company data analytics and development of specific company profiling and business plans. Apply a no stone unturned work ethic.
- Building trusted rapport with clients
- Effectively network with the relevant stakeholders/decision makers with our clients. Actively pursue symbiotic relationship with senior leadership of our clients.
- Delighting our clients, Ensuring the correct products and services are delivered to clients in a timely manner.
- Act as the key liaison link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Acts as central and stable point of contact for our clients.
- Providing guidance and expert advice to customers on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Handle challenges and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify clients’ needs
- Critically analysis our client’s pipelines, scientific literature, environmental situations and business reports as to identify where Diaceutics solutions can be positioned and be able to articulate the benefits clients would receive.
- Be able to listen and quickly identify business opportunities form client interactions.
- Have an up to date comprehensive knowledge of precision medicine and be able to have a peer to peer discussion with CDx experts from our clients.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Persuasive presenting
- Present the full range of Diaceutics solutions confidently and in a way that shows the differentiated benefits of working with Diaceutics.
- Closing sales
- Ensure a high degree of professionalism in the contracting with clients to ensure Diaceutics is an easy partner to work with.
- Negotiating and influencing existing and new clients.
- Diligently adhere to Diaceutics contracting and billing procedures to ensure legal and financial compliance.
General Education and Experience Criteria:
- Education – Master’s or PhD Degree preferred, minimum of bachelor’s degree required
- Experience – 5 years of experience in a CDx role for an IVD company with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading and delivering sales
- Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience within the Diagnostic industry, preferable CDx
- Knowledge of Precision Medicine
- Experience in selling complex high value services/products into pharmaceutical companies
- Strong interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- Ability to establish and Maintain successful networks
- Strong account management and relationship building skills and experience
- Experience in delivering annual sales in excess of $10M/yr
- High levels of impact and influence – both internal and external across different functions
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving ability, customer focus
- Business and financial acumen
- Entrepreneurial, positive, can-do attitude that seeks to identify innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) with individuals with different cultural, professional and academic backgrounds, including the ability to simplify complex issues
- Skilled and autonomous negotiator
Computer knowledge and Skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite. (advanced PowerPoint and excel user preferred.)
- Virtual Communication – demonstrated high-end expertise as user of video call technology and global teleconferencing.
Location and Travel
This position will require the ability and willingness for extensive travel but, owing to our “virtual organization” philosophy, offers the advantages of home-based works, within the boundaries of business needs and client expectations.