This full-time permanent role.
The primary purpose of this position is to assure the requirements of each client engagement are delivered and exceeds client expectations and to drive our sales team and numbers to meet the company’s goals for both new and repeat business. The KAM Program Director will play a key role in developing and establishing the team of key account managers to meet the needs of the business, including establishing and maintaining client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction and be able to identify new opportunities. The KAM Program Director will be committed to helping Diaceutics scale to ensure revenue and client satisfaction objectives are met.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading key account functions as well as experience of selling in to pharmaceutics clients in the CDx setting, preferably running Sales teams with sales targets per annum in excess of $100M/yr. They will be able to identify needs and requirements to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction. The KAM Program Director will be an important member of the Diaceutics management team and will report monthly to EXCO as business unit lead. The KAM Program Director needs to have a Sales target focus, have the ability to build networks both within his designated KAM client base and outwith this from a Global Business perspective. The successful candidate will need be a good motivator to drive sales from the team, mentor the team, develop a strategic sales approach for the team and mentor the other KAMs to ensure success. The KAM Director will be responsible for developing the company pipeline, maintenance and interpretation of the company CRM tool and its adherence as well as reporting on KPI’s to the COO and EXCO. The candidate will work with marketing in developing strategic sales and marketing material. Must have a proven track record in selling complex products/services into large pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the diagnostic setting. This role will require extensive travelling.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and organization
- Develop the infrastructure for the Key account management function, including hiring, lines of reporting, role and responsibilities, cross functional communication, KPIs and reporting mechanism.
- Lead the team of KAM with direct line management responsibilities. Support the build and execution of business plans to meet sales goals.
- Be responsible for the hiring, on boarding and ongoing training of the KAM function. Ensuring a highly functional team that is goal orientated and procedure driven.
- Devise and implement a measurement process with KPIs for the KAM function to allow for the insight and strategy generation.
- Be accountable for the reporting on BD activities to the COO, Exco and management teams.
- Oversee the business prospecting procedures based on company data analytics and development of specific company profiling and business plans.
- Building trusted rapport with clients
- Effectively network with the relevant stakeholders/decision makers with our clients. Actively pursue symbiotic relationship with senior leadership of our clients.
- Identify clients’ needs
- Critical analysis of our client’s pipelines, scientific literature, environmental situations and business reports as to identify where Diaceutics solutions can be positioned and be able to articulate the benefits clients would receive.
- Be able to listen and quickly identify business opportunities from client interactions.
- Have an up to date knowledge of precision medicine and be able to have peer to peer discussion with CDx experts from our clients.
- Persuasive presenting
- Present the full range of Diaceutics solutions confidently and in a way that shows the differentiated benefits of working with Diaceutics.
- Closing sales
- Ensure a high degree of professionalism by Key account managers in the contracting with clients to ensure Diaceutics is an easy partner to work with.
- Be responsible for the development of proposals and obtaining contracts/MSAs with clients.
- Diligently adhere to Diaceutics contracting and billing procedures to ensure legal and financial compliance.
General Education and Experience Criteria:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in scientific field is required. Advanced degree- MBA, PhD or other is preferred
- Experience – A minimum of 10 years operating within a CDx or Precision Medicine background from both an operational and BD perspective and an additional 10yrs as a leader of high functioning sales/KAM teams
- Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of different selling models and how to drive sales through a team and selling to Major accounts
- Exceptional motivator and team management skills
- Highly skilled at presentations with persuasive presentation skills
- Experience and strong understanding of the CDx market including a strong understanding of the current trend in Dx strategy
- Understanding of the general healthcare system in the US, EU and Asia including but not limited to reimbursement, regulatory and commercial drivers
- Knowledge of Precision Medicine
- Experience in selling complex high value services/products into pharmaceutical companies
- High levels of impact and influence – both internal and external across different functions.
- Skilled and autonomous negotiator
- Ability to deliver sales targets in excess of $50M per annum
Computer knowledge and Skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced PowerPoint and excel user preferred.)
- Virtual Communication – demonstrated high-end expertise as user of video call technology and global teleconferencing.
Location and Travel
This position will require the ability and willingness for extensive travel but, owing to our “virtual organization” philosophy, offers the advantages of home-based work within the boundaries of business needs and client expectations.