The Principal Medical Writer is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and communication of any and all content that is disseminated on behalf of Diaceutics via multiple channels including blogs, expert insights, white papers, webinars, posters, peer reviewed journal articles, etc. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Marketing, the responsibility is to build on the strong foundation of thought leadership and expertise in the companion diagnostic and precision medicine space across all relevant disease areas. The objective is to support the organization’s point of view, aligned to strategic imperatives to provide valuable and applicable scientific content to prospective customers and partners in the field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish content strategy, conduct required research and produce consistent flow of content to project through leadership and expertise.
- Develop, implement and drive content plans in collaboration with the marketing, knowledge & insights, global lab relations, global data and engagement management teams.
- Create and deliver scientific materials and collateral to support new and existing business development activities, communicating the benefits of the company expertise in precision medicine.
- Build and maintain a steady flow of content via our digital marketing efforts aligned with the established marketing strategy and tactics.
- Determine key insights, messages and scientific information to differentiate Diaceutics’ from other companies to prospective customers and potential laboratory partners.
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation processes that impact positively on the business and identify new business opportunities.
- Prepare content plans and identify key performance indicators to measure and track progress to established goals (i.e. number of impressions, accepted posters / abstracts).
- Leverage marketing pillars to communicate key scientific information to target audiences, both internally and externally.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and compliance with all company SOP’s, policies and procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in company meetings when necessary through multiple channels.
- Ensure projects are developed and delivered using the Diaceutics method © and are delivered to the highest possible standard, aligned with “don’t deliver, delight” mantra.
- Informs and recommends to Managing Director, Marketing of critical actions required to ensure ongoing delivery of content plan.
- Actively collaborates in open and honest conversations with leaders throughout the organisation to assure all barriers to the plan are removed.
- Assure all Diaceutics’ thought leaders are actively engaged in timely and substantive materials that align with the plan, while not interfering with their main objectives.
- Manage the content accordingly to build and support laboratory partnerships to bolster the company analytics and data resources.
- Manage the investment in all scientific communication tactics supporting the company, assuring a return on investment that further enhances the thought leadership of the organization.
- Continuously review and maintain all scientific messages that push the elements of the content plan and generate quantifiable interest in the offerings to our customers and partners.
- Keep up with and opine on industry and technological changes that impact the business.
- Lead the content strategy and execution through a collaborative, team approach where everyone is competent and committed to the strategy and the brand story.
General Education and Experience:
- Education – Advanced degree in scientific field required, PhD preferred.
- Experience – 3-5 years of proven medical writing and content development with high level of expertise in secondary research and a firm understanding of diagnostics, precision medicine and pharmaceutical product development. At least 3 years of experience working in and in-depth knowledge of diagnostics and / or oncology fields. Excellent writing skills required. Proven expertise applying medical writing techniques over digital and non-digital channels strongly preferred.
- Computer and Software Knowledge and Skills – Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Virtual Communication – Demonstrated high-end expertise as user of video call technology and global teleconferencing.
Location and Travel
The successful candidate should live in the UK. This position will require the ability and willingness for some travel but, owing to our “virtual organization” philosophy, offers the advantages of home-based work and flexible working hours, within the boundaries of business needs and client expectations.