The primary purpose of this position is to build scalable and secure data platforms and products. This Senior Engineering role will the focus on the Amazon Web Services architecture required to store, process, query, and deliver terabytes of data in compliance with U.S. HIPAA and E.U. GDPR regulations. This role will involve designing and developing cloud-based ingestion and processing systems as well as Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery and access challenges at Diaceutics. You will have the opportunity to implement some of the most interesting big data technologies in the world, including Spark, Redshift, and Elasticsearch.
We are looking for a self-starter who can present solutions, research, and implement new technologies to move the company forward. Strong candidates will be comfortable building end-to-end code and will feel a sense of system ownership.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand both development and operational dimensions of delivering a cloud solution to market and maintaining it.
- Build and support HIPAA- and GDPR-compliant systems for data ingestion, storage, analysis, and delivery.
- Diagnose and solve complex distributed systems problems.
- Maintain and improve continuous integration.
- Drive the technologies and policies needed to ingest, store, manage, and interact with proprietary, real-world data.
- Create development processes and practices that drive efficiencies for both the Global Data team and the Diaceutics organization on a whole. This includes adapting and learning new tools as business demands.
- Drive innovative new products and features using scalable and efficient technologies.
- Coordinate activities with data scientists, frontend developers, and management.
- Participate in sprint planning, stand up, and retrospective meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to code documentation, code review, and testing.
- Contributes to short term execution and long-term business planning. Offers solutions and suggestions that shape execution of the Company’s business strategy. Understands rationale and strategy behind key policies and procedures.
- Builds strong internal and external relationships.
- Delivers messages comprehensively to a variety of audiences both internal and external to the Company. Consistently raises standards aligned with business goals.
- Implements decisions and established systems which enable delivery of results. Carefully weighs consequences of decisions and actions both short term and long term. Leverages business and operational knowledge to increase profitability.
General Education & Experience:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred, minimum of associate degree required.
- 5-6 years of experience required, 6-10 years preferred, working with cloud-based computing
- Experience designing and developing quality data pipelines in a distributed systems environment
- Experience with distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, or Redshift
- Experience with various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, AWS S3, Elasticsearch
- Experience working in a regulated environment, involving Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption, IAM policies/roles. Experience configuring and maintaining highly secure AWS environments with AWS CloudFormation, Config, and Cloudtrail is an advantage
- Experience designing and optimizing queries in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience building unit and integration tests and collecting system metrics
- Experience with Git for software version control
- Strong coding skills including Java
- Experience with Scala is an advantage Experience with Spring MVC frameworks is an advantage
3. Computer and Software Knowledge and Skills – Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (strong PowerPoint skills highly desirable.)
5. Certifications, Registration, Licensure – AWS certified professional preferred
4. Virtual Communication – demonstrated high-end expertise as user of video call technology and global teleconferencing
Compensation and benefits
Diaceutics will offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package. The successful candidate will receive a monthly base compensation.