What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by our website domain).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
This website uses both persistent and session cookies.
A complete list of the cookies we use is set out in the table at the end of this policy.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Make sure you connect to the right service on the website when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
If you prevent these cookies, we can’t guarantee how the website or the security on the website will perform during your visit.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use Functionality cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the website so that it won’t repeat
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the website works.
We use Performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the website is used
- Obtain data on the number of users of the website that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the website
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
When you first navigate to our website, you are asked to provide your consent to cookies. As well as using the pop-up consent mechanism, you can control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Table of Cookies used
|_ga||Google Analytics||Statistics of website views: Counting visit number from individual computer||Persistent – 2 years||3rd Party|
|_gat_gtag_[ID of website]||Google Analytics||Identification code of website for tracking visits||Immediately||3rd Party|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users||Immediately||3rd Party|
|_cmpcpc||Consent Manager WordPress plugin||Cookie consent management cookie used to save visitor cookie consent settings||Deleted once session is over||Session|
|_cmpcvc||Consent Manager WordPress plugin||Cookie consent management cookie used to save visitor cookie consent settings||Deleted once session is over||Session|
|wordpress_test_cookie||WordPress Platform||A WordPress cookie which tests if your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies||Deleted once session is over||Session|