- Leading Healthcare Companies have joined forces to with a goal to help inform, improve, innovate and accelerate various aspects of COVID-19 testing.
- The COVID-19 Testing Industry Consortium will work together to increase opportunities to accelerate research through enhanced collaboration and information sharing, with its ultimate goal to improve aspects of COVID-19 testing across the globe
- Diaceutics will work as part of the consortium to highlight the wider effects of COVID-19 including the heightened pressure on cancer testing infrastructure globally
Parsippany, New Jersey, 01 October 2020 – Diaceutics PLC, (AIM: DXRX), today announces it has joined forces to with a goal to help inform, improve, innovate and accelerate various aspects of COVID-19 testing.
Widespread accurate testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is one critical aspect needed to limit the spread of the disease. By creating the COVID-19 Testing Industry Consortium, 19 organizations from the healthcare industry have joined forces with a goal to help inform, improve, innovate and accelerate various aspects of testing, ranging from research to clinical diagnostic applications.
The consortium brings together a diverse group of companies with synergistic areas of expertise, including precision medicine, diagnostics, occupational health, pharmaceuticals and clinical testing laboratories, to help provide clarity and potential solutions to COVID-19 testing challenges. To advance the goals of the consortium, members may:
- Share relevant expertise, materials and experiences to accelerate understanding of COVID-19.
- Analyze available scientific and health data, materials and information to develop, improve and deploy current assays and new approaches for the COVID-19 testing paradigm.
- Contribute knowledge gained from the collaborative research by publishing work that will inform the scientific community and general public of the consortium’s findings.
Peter Keeling, CEO and Founder of Diaceutics, said: “We are delighted to be invited to collaborate with this consortium of global innovators in healthcare and keen to support the outcomes by sharing our knowledge and insights on the testing and treatment challenges which lie ahead in a post-COVID-19 era. The full consequence of COVID-19 on patients is not yet known, the consortium allows us to have joined up thinking in the many months ahead and anticipate better emerging needs right across the testing landscape.”
The consortium was organized and is led by Bristol Myers Squibb. Consortium members include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ArcherDx, Inc.
- Biocartis NV
- Diaceutics, PLC
- DxTerity Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genosity, Inc.
- Hematogenix Laboratory Services
- Infinity BiologiX
- Interpace Pharma Solutions, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceutica, NV
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
- Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research
- Ortho–Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Syngene International Limited
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”)
Saurabh Saha, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president, Translational Medicine, Bristol Myers Squibb: “To uncover innovative ways to improve COVID-19 testing quickly during this global pandemic, it’s critical that we break down silos and bring together researchers from different organizations with complementary areas of expertise,” said Saurabh Saha, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president, Translational Medicine, Bristol Myers Squibb. “This is just one of the many ways that the healthcare community is working together to help solve the COVID-19 pandemic. BMS is proud to lead this consortium and we look forward to building upon the important work that’s already been done in this space.”